At Amazon we’re striving to be earth’s most customer-centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally bright, talented, and driven people. If you’d like join the world’s largest online retailer, this is your chance to have fun & make history! The Indian accounting organization supports accounting, financial reporting, internal control, inter company, and transfer pricing activities and also supports new business launches if any.
We are currently looking for candidates who are at the senior accounting Analyst level. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 5+ years of professional experience with financial accounting, reporting and internal control related responsibilities. This position will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our financial reporting process and will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area. Technical accounting research and position paper writing will also be a requirement of this position.
This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business finance, operations accounting and IT groups.
Primary responsibilities Include:
· Monthly/Quarterly accounting and analysis of a business/accounting vertical
· Preparation of monthly accruals relating to business vertical.
· Driving efficiencies in business processes and guiding business teams on accounting areas.
· Evaluating accounting positions for new projects and writing technical position paper
· Partnering with the members of the global accounting organization to develop process improvement initiatives, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency.
· Coordinating with auditors for timely closure of statutory audit and tax audit.
· 5+ years of multi-national corporate or operational accounting experience.
· CA or ICWAI qualification is must.
· Strong communications skills and able to work effectively with teams in India and Seattle.
· The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a collaborative team-player, and an excellent communicator.