Key job responsibilities
Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 5+ years of professional experience with financial accounting, reporting and internal control related responsibilities. This position will have responsibility for supporting our financial accounting reporting process and will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area. Technical accounting research and position paper writing will also be a requirement of this position.
This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between accounting and various business finance, operations accounting and IT groups.
Primary responsibilities Include:
· Monthly/Quarterly accounting, performing monthly book close activities and analytics of a business vertical .
· Preparation of monthly accruals relating to business vertical.
· Driving efficiencies in business processes and guiding business teams on accounting areas.
· Evaluating accounting positions for new projects and writing technical position paper
· Partnering with the members of the global accounting organization to develop process improvement initiatives, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency.
· Coordinating with auditors for timely closure of statutory audit and tax audit.