- Perform risk and quality review procedures of externally prepared US regulatory reports
- Oversee the internal production of certain US and EMEA regulatory reports and filings
- Collaborates internally to track applicable regulatory developments and reporting requirements
- Management and coordination of annual and supplemental updates to the prospectuses and Statements of Additional Information (“SAI”) regulatory forms for all open-end mutual funds & post documents on the BlackRock website
- Complete filings on time
- Review of invoices related to all filings and print/typeset submitted by vendors through invoice portal.
- A college degree is required, preferably in accounting (1 – 4 years).
- The role would suit a qualified accountant with audit experience in investment management or financial services audit or, alternatively, experience within a financial reporting & regulatory reporting or filing environment at a fund administrator (preferred , not mandatory)
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of the current requirements of the global accounting standards and regulatory requirements, as they apply to Investment Funds.
- Display a focused interest in keeping informed of industry developments, and investment product changes.
- Analyze relevant information using logic and consider relevant facts to make rational, realistic and sound decisions (Analytic Ability)
- Produces accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections (Attention to Detail)
- Excellent verbal, written skills including ability to clearly articulate results of financial analyses as wells as issues to senior management and the auditors (Interpersonal Skills);
- Self-motivated, resolves to achieve goals and works hard to meet those goals. (Drive, Determination and Execution);
- Able to efficiently prioritize workloads and handle timelines. The successful individual will need to be highly organized and able to pro-actively co-ordinate on time delivery by all parties, and everyone in their team, on timetabled activities. (Plan and Prioritize);
- Understands common business and financial terminology including how organizations operate, contend, and grow (Business Insight)
- Actively demonstrates the BlackRock principles daily