About the Role
The Financial Risk Management (FRM) team is responsible for the management and monitoring of financial risk across Uber. It’s mandate is to partner with the business to proactively manage risk and maintain an effective and efficient control environment over financial risks, with a particular focus on financial reporting risk and Internal controls over financial reporting.
The Analyst, Financial Risk Management will be focused on coordinating and building a world class financial risk management program, through the strategic design and implementation of a financial controls program to respond to risk across existing and emerging products at Uber (e.g. Delivery, Freight, etc.). The successful applicant will work closely with various product teams and business process owners, Uber’s Internal Audit team and External Auditors to manage financial risk by facilitating an effective and efficient control environment. The person will be reporting into FRM Manager – India. The preferred location for this role is Gurgaon (India), however, we are open for Bangalore location
What You’ll Do
- Assist in global SOX controls, testing of controls for key processes and guidance to internal stakeholders on documentation
- Finalizing annual IFC scope for Uber India, materiality and risk assessment for each year with respect to various finance processes and legal entities. Including changes in business processes, new applications/ tools involved, new regulatory requirements, etc.
- Build and implement SOX control framework for Uber acquired entities. Partner with the stakeholders and helping them identifying financial risk, building financial controls, QC and monitoring of the key controls
- Work with control owners to evaluate, design, develop and implement effective and efficient financial controls
- Work with process owners/business functions to improve the efficiency of the control environment through implementation of automation or process improvement
- Build and maintain flowcharts, narratives and control documentation for key financial processes
- Understand and manage existing and emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, Internal Audit, external audit and other external stakeholders to drive effective financial risk management.
- Work closely with the FRM IT teams to bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including automated controls and appropriate system scoping efforts (ITGC).