Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated, and public financial institution. Our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm’s business. Controllers also ensure that the firm’s activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
We’re a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital, and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The business is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm’s assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs’ finances and expenditures. Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm’s businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products, and sophisticated technology systems in depth. Direct Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds Strategies, Private Equity Group teams within Controllers support the alternative investments within Goldman Sachs Asset Management division with oversight over complex private funds.
- Supporting EMEA payrolls based out of Bengaluru office
- Working closely with EMEA Compensation Accounting and ensuring timely and accurate deliverables
- Assist in formulating/automating payroll process to facilitate new operations for the firm.
- Documentation of Payroll Process
- Employee (Client ) satisfaction by ensuring timely response to their queries
- Participation in global projects
- Responsible for the compensation and statutory reporting for both external as well as internal authorities
- Commitment to control, ensuring data/ information flow has gone through proper internal controls
- Coordination with the Global counterparts in the administration of compensation reporting
SKILLS & RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Details and controls oriented
- Flexible, can easily adapt to changes.
- Strong PC skills, Peoplesoft, MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Payroll administration of EMEA and London payroll
- Exposure to Oracle Cloud Payroll would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in taxes , local benefits and regulatory reporting is a plus