GAR (Global Accts Rec) is looking for Cash Application Analyst responsible for posting payments from the lockbox, ACH, and wire transfer to customer accounts. This role includes cash application and reconciling payments, communicating cash adjustments, and reducing un-applied cash receipts on aged accounts receivable. This position also requires research on missing, unidentified and rejected funds and collaborating with various internal departments to apply payments timely and accurately. Successful candidate is expected to analyze reports and reconciles large amounts of data with the ability to communicate results to management.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Understanding of Accounts Receivables process
- Post daily receipts (wires/ACH/checks) and credit/debit memos on a timely basis in order to ensure accurate maintenance of accounts receivable balances
- Contact customer, collections and business partners to obtain remittance details
- Research and resolve misapplied and unidentified cash receipts in ERP
- Identify and manually tag all customer remit discrepancies and short payments.
- Undertake tasks as requested by the Team Leader that may involve testing and process improvement.
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts receivable process by identifying areas of improvement
- Maintain, prepare and distribute daily and monthly reporting to Supervisor, and other stakeholders
- Meet the monthly productivity goals
- Identify and reconcile payment differences, post short/over payments, deductions on account and partial payments and appropriately code all reconciling transactions
- Utilize shared mailboxes and customer web portals to identify, retrieve and organize remittance details.