The Stage/The Gig: Product Management
Product Management at Flipkart is responsible for answering the question of what technology needs to be built to solve a particular business problem at scale. The function is in a great position to define how E-Commerce in India will look like and will also shape the future of supply chain, retail, ecommerce, payments, customer experience / trust etc.
Product Managers are at the helm of all crucial information – be it customer insights or business intelligence. They bend and wield this high-profile career position with proven leadership skills to provide market knowledge and consumer understanding to reflect and resolve with that wisdom, analysis and resourcefulness. Product Managers etch our new product features, ward us off if needed, think up a roadmap to support our goals and strategies, and sync together with other platform teams on cross-functional initiatives.
At Flipkart, high focus on Impact and Ownership allows for freedom for each to experiment and innovate. Pride is when you see the impact of what you have created. The ability to see what your contribution does to the business is a rare experience, add to that the fact that the impact of it is felt by your friends and family in India – the experience is extremely gratifying.
The Team and Your Part:
Accounting team has the following key priorities (1) Lead the overall Financial Reporting and Hygiene for Flipkart (2) Invest heavily in platformization constructs in Accounting (3) Ensure BAU efforts on Payouts, Invoicing, Taxation and MEC continue to remain stable and drive faster execution in Strategic Programs (4) Extend Accounting stack to other group companies like Myntra, Jabong, FK Wholesale and set it up for Externalisation. In the Senior Product Manager role, He/ she would be (1) Owning and leading 2-3 platform components (2) Leading one of the critical BAU functions (3) Be the Accounting POC on a subset of Strategic Programs (4) Leading Accounting Tech stack adoption by one of the group companies. While Accounting so far has been domain heavy, the journey ahead will require understanding User personas and journeys in a lot more detail, abstracting domain flows into key product and platform constructs, design solutions with crisply defined platform constructs and consumer metrics and collaborating with various internal / external stakeholders and managing expectations effectively. The SPM role is thus envisaged to grow into a deep Product and Platform expert within the Accounting function.
Your Array (Nice to Haves):
- Deep Product Thinking to map our goals into roadmaps, new product features and strategies.
- Strong Collaboration skills with which you work with other platform teams on cross-functional initiatives, to drive and implement the product idea you defined and see them through delivery.
- Strong Execution in a fast moving, and sometimes chaotic environment because high personal productivity is your nirvana.
- Excellent communication skills that will open new windows of opportunities for our business.
- Strong data-driven analytical skills
- Dealing with ambiguity – to operate and thrive on partial and still have a track record of building successful teams
You (Must Haves):
- Understand customer data deeply, and partner with different Flipkart teams to identify new areas to drive down costs using existing and new insights.
- Strong tech background with a good understanding of driving integration between systems
- Good exposure in product life cycle and driving execution
- Strong communication and evangelization skills to kick off & drive partnerships with other teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to articulate progress and plans clear to leadership team and get their feedback
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Strong program management skills, with ability to manage multiple stakeholders at various levels.
Apart from all the general benefits of best in industry compensation, equity, healthcare etc., Flipkart prides in calling out the big hand for you to be
- Great Work, Great People and Great environment. We call ourselves an incubator for analysts where you get all the optimal conditions to do and experience your best