• Directs the commercial finance activities for Public Sector and Northern Ireland leading a team of commercial finance specialists.
• Leads the efficiency and accuracy of commercial finance processes and practises, ensuring effective and strategic support of business stakeholders.
• Drives judicious use of resources to maximise productivity and drive cost efficiency and instrumental in driving expansion of margins.
• Sets agendas, identifies opportunities and drives best practice and provides insight.
• As a subject matter expert, establish commercial bid finance best practises and drive knowledge sharing.
• Accountable for the commercials of priority high value, non-standard and complex bids, in order to manage the overall commercial risk of the bid.
• Accountable for identifying, ensuring appropriate analysis and documentation and escalating risks related to a bid; makes recommendations to enable informed decisions.
• Leads/helps team with contract commercial negotiations for highly complex, high value, high risk bids, serving as the point of contact for escalations.
• Accountable for creating innovative modelling and mechanisms for the bid, ensuring business profitability and risk mitigation
The skills you’ll need to succeed
• Accounting principles
• Business partnering and consulting
• Finance data, processes and systems
• Finance & data analysis and insight
• Financial Controls, compliance and risk
• Forecasting, planning and budgeting
• Management reporting
• Risk and Assurance
• Statutory and external financial reporting
• Finance operations
• Financial Accounting
• Project/programme management
Experience you’d be expected to have-
Candidates with Business Partnering and commercial experience will be preferred
• A qualified accountant with significant experience of successfully managing and negotiating high value
(£50m+), highly complex bids
• Security clearance may be required (SC, DV levels)
• Large and complex deal pricing, modelling and negotiation experience
• Experience working in a complex, matrix, commercial organisation
• Comprehensive understanding of the management of commercial risk during a bid
• Possesses strong commercial acumen
• Experience of managing a team