• Apply knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and
developing financial statements and reports.
• Update and review monthly account reconciliation.
• Assist internal and/or external audit process as required.
• Ensure that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
• Responsible for contract invoices bi-weekly in accordance with contractual terms.
• Close monthly by analyzing accounts, preparing journal entries to include company allocations, and calculating
direct/indirect costs, rates and revenue recognition.
• Analyze financial statements and contract performance to provide evaluation of variances for preparing bid,
budgets and forecasts.
• Conduct cost, schedule, contract performance, variance and risk analysis, and proposal preparation.
• Train/assist co-workers in software and information systems to support accounting functions.
• Audit accounts payable and payroll for accuracy.
• Coordinate with the site staff to support accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other specific
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of accounting that includes spreadsheets and relational database programs for data processing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Cost Accounting
Standards (CAS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred.
• Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.