• Serve as a Team Lead, overseeing the day-to-day global business process activities. This includes developing the team’s work program in collaboration with the Senior Team Lead, monitoring workloads and directing activities of other team members, providing guidance on complex issues, identifying, and implementing process improvements, managing client relations and service standards.
• Review monthly Trial Balances under team’s responsibilities and provide sign-off.
• Review open items in suspense accounts and aging schedules for accounts relating to Payroll function.
• Support the analysis of risk, efficiency, productivity, and cost-effectiveness through regular benchmarking.
• Maintain strong internal control over the processes.
• Develop and maintain control risk framework documentation including control assessment and compliance testing activities.
• Provide thought leadership in formulating accounting/control procedures to address exceptional situations in the payroll team and work with WFAPA counterparts to develop effective solutions.
• Lead WFAPA Payroll team to actively contribute and participate in the enhancement of the payroll related accounting transactions in SAP and PeopleSoft, collaborate within the team and with the HQ counterparts and our stakeholders to enhance controls, develop test plans, and assign resources for user acceptance testing.
• Serve as a functional expert with respect to complex transactional issues.
• Manage performance review of team members and provide timely feedback. Coach and guide team members to enhance their performance and contribution.
• Mentor and guide the team to help optimize processing standards and productivity.
• Manage escalations, as needed.
• Maintain strong relationships with our stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Finance or Accounting)
• Professional Accounting Certification (CA/CPA/ACCA)
• Minimum of 8 years of work experience in the functional area
• Preferable: Background in payroll function in the financial service industry and familiarity with banking transactions; Multinational organization experience would be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, accounting controls over accounting processes and financial reporting operations; familiarity with generally accepted auditing standards in these areas.
• In-depth understanding of PeopleSoft systems and SAP modules, their control features and configuration capabilities/implementation.
• Hands–on experience in developing and reviewing internal accounting controls in an ERP environment (preferably SAP/ PeopleSoft).
• Sound knowledge of accounting processes and procedures; cross-functional business process user experience if preferable.
• Proven work experience in project management.
• Demonstrated experience in leading teams of accountants.
• Demonstrated strong judgmental/analytical skills and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with colleagues and various levels of client and staff.
• Proven track record of managing team(s)that performs timely and high-quality service delivery, handling escalations, and advisory support.
• Proven expertise at interpreting rules, policies and procedures that relate to area of work.
• Strong interpersonal skills: commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; problem solver, Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
• Proven record of making decisions based on risk analysis taking full consideration of interests and concerns of stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively work with various stakeholders across the institution.
• Proven ability of creating training and development opportunities for staff resulting in staff upskilling.