ROLE PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE
- Execute all ops processes (both manual and automated) pertaining to the lifecycle of deposit accounts (current accounts, SB accounts and term deposits (FD and RD)) with the help of Officers:
o Creating customer information files (CIF’s) for new-to-bank customers desirous of establishing a deposit account based relationship with the Bank;
o Creating CIF’s for NTB customers in other scenarios, as and when the need arises;
o Opening deposit accounts for both NTB and existing customers;
o Maintaining accounts, such as upgrading / downgrading accounts, changing product codes, renewing / extending TD’s, freezing accounts, unfreezing them, marking liens, removing liens, setting up standing instructions, seeding them in NPCI mapper for receiving DBT, deseeding them from NPCI mapper etc.;
o Close accounts, as and when the need arises;
o Grant exemption for tax deduction at source, wherever applicable.
- Execute all ops processes (both manual and automated) pertaining to maintenance of customer data with the help of Officers:
o Creating CIF’s for NTB customers wanting to start deposit account based relationship with the Bank;
o Changing static data of customers in their CIF’s;
o Updating their KYC status;
o Updating their risk levels;
o Suspending CIF’s / rendering CIF’s inactive either temporarily or permanently.
- Execute all financial transactions that have to be passed in customer and internal accounts by Regional Offices.
- Ensure that all ops processes executed by the team fully comply with extant regulatory and statutory guidelines, laws of the land and internal directives.
- Support other units within Ops – Asset Ops, Fulfillment, Insurance & TPP Ops, Payments, Secured Lending Ops and Transaction Banking Ops – to the extent required.
- SPOC for concurrent audit of account opening and account maintenance processes.
- Responsible for internal controls and reporting pertaining to Banking Operations:
o Monitoring of office accounts, tracking long outstanding entries and submission of schedules to Finance & Accounts
o Tracking and closure of Banking Operations related issues identified and reported by Ops Risk , Compliance and IAD
o Preparing reports on Banking Operations to be submitted to Audit Committee of the Board, Finance & Accounts, ORMC, RMC etc.
- Ensure that SLA’s for account opening and account maintenance are met, and FTNR percentage is below tolerance levels.
- Provide routine on-the-job training to members of the teams, in the event of new products being introduced, new processes being introduced or existing processes being changed.