The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm’s assets:
- To help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs’ finances and expenditures.
- Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm’s businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run.
- Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide.
- Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products, and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
- Direct Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds Strategies, Private Equity Group teams within Controllers support the alternative investments within Goldman Sachs Asset Management division with oversight over complex private funds.