Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of new concepts/techniques and to complete assignments/tasks in innovative and effective ways. Expert knowledge of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems. Work is completed independently and has the ability to handle most unique situations. Frequently determines methods and procedures for new assignments. May supervise the activities of other non-exempt employee.
- Owns and executes accounting processes within area of expertise.
- Performs complex analysis of transactional accounting information to support decision-making.
- Typically the first escalation point of contact for complex systems or policy issues related to area of expertise.
- Leads the implementation of new corporate-wide accounting processes and systems.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvements and makes recommendations.
- Implements and assures effective business controls through review, analysis, and verification.
- Assists in training and mentoring of department team.
- Leads the development, implementation, maintenance, and communication procedures to ensure compliance with accounting policies.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associates degree is strongly preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of work experience.
- Typically 2+ years experience in an accounting environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong computation skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, SAP).
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent understanding of accounting processes.
- Excellent database skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.