- Reporting to the Director of Consolidation the role is responsible for supporting the Director of Consolidation in managing all aspects of the Group consolidation and for providing challenge and insight through the presentation of high-quality business information. The role will require direct contact with the Group Financial Controller, the Group Head of External Reporting and his team as and will also require working closely with finance teams at all levels within finance shared services (GFS) teams, Corporate teams and the Commercial operating units.
- Co-ordinate specific aspects of the group IFRS consolidation. Prepare timely, accurate and insightful analysis of actual results.
- Lead key aspects regarding the preparation of the consolidated accounts (actuals, budget and forecasts) for CFO sign off and approval on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Support the FP&A team in providing insightful commentary on performance of the Group.
- Produce all actuals reporting to the agreed timetable and to a high degree of accuracy. Provide finance partnering to regional and functional teams to ensure that finance teams understand, adhere to the timetable, and provide quality commentary to support business performance.
- Supporting the integrity of the Group’s consolidated financial statements with specific focus on the Group’s income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, statement of changes of equity, statement of other comprehensive income and the Group’s Alternative Performance Measures.
- Manage price x volume submissions, ensure their accuracy and liaise with the segment Finance Directors and Business Units Finance Directors to ensure delivery in time and quality.
- Partner with the Global Financial Services (GFS) teams, the Group External Reporting Team and the wider business to ensure successful delivery of the consolidated Group results.
- Provide high quality financial analytics to support the internal and external results process, including the quarterly earnings releases and Annual Report.
- Contribute to promoting and initiating process improvements in all areas of the consolidation, especially around simplification and automation.
- Preparation and maintenance of certain relevant consolidation process documentation to meet Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Support the Group internal and external auditing activities regarding the Group consolidation.
- Assist in the management of Global Corporate policies in all aspects of actual reporting and monitoring compliance.
- Support the review and analysis of all the adjustments requited to derive from the Group IFRS numbers to the Group Adjusted Results (Alternative Performance Measures).
- Review and analysis of all Group financial statement line items including provisions accounts to ensure appropriate accounting and disclosure for external reporting purposes.
- Ensuring that year-end additional reporting schedules are reported by subsidiaries and consolidated adequately.
Qualifications And Essential Skills-
- University Degree in Finance / Accounting or related discipline
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent chartered accountant qualification.
- 6+ years’ experience Big4 and practical large listed company audit and IFRS consolidation and reporting experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work with stakeholders based in different locations around the world or within other functions within the Group.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with different stakeholders and all levels of management.