- Independently prepare financial statements as per extensive IFRS statutory reporting requirements on a timely basis against plan.
- Independently prepare the Board & other committee reporting packs as per the delivery calendar.
- Lead end to end legal entity audit as directed by Delivery Leader / Director Legal Entity Reporting (LER), Accounting & Reporting Team and Financial Controller.
- Prepare local GAAP to US GAAP reconciliation, reviewing significant adjustments for GAAP differences.
- Lead customer calls and provide analysis of reporting information, as directed by Delivery Leader / Director LER, Accounting & Reporting Team and Legal Entity Financial Controller to support board of directors meetings.
- Manage delivery of multiple markets at a time and perform peer level review or consolidation.
- Manage work and provide leadership and support to Band 28’s.
- Conduct research as required on GAAP, regulations and laws.
- Ensure effective controls and governance are adhered to.
- Research and collaborate with auditors / customers to provide explanation / resolution of issues and queries.
- Knowledge of Workiva Wdesk & HFM implementation for statutory, regulatory and board reporting.
- Lead projects involving automation, standardization, etc. among others.
- Report to Delivery Leader, LER CoE.
- Public Accounting / Audit experience / Legal Entity Reporting & Control
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- Strong preference for Qualified Accountant/CA/CPA/ACCA with relevant experience
- A strong financial accounting / reporting background including understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of IFRS/ Indian GAAP and reporting requirements.
- Change and project management exposure, including transition of reporting work from onshore location.
- A fast/keen learner with the ability to learn a detailed process quickly.
- Ability to share technical knowledge and proactively encourage others to do the same.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical accounting background and experience in accounting, statutory / regulatory reporting or statutory auditing.
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS GAAP and reporting requirements.
- Good understanding of US GAAP and other GAAP is advantageous.
Knowledge of Platforms:
- In depth knowledge of AXP Policies, Procedures and Systems. Knowledge of Workiva Wdesk will be a plus.
- High proficiency in MS-Office applications, working knowledge of Essbase/analytical software, Oracle.
- Knowledge of code of conduct and blue box values is must.