Perform analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach. Examples of work include:
- Apply MIS’ standards to existing data in order to produce valuable inputs into the rating and research process, including Moody’s adjusted data, key indicators, ratios, charts and graphs in line with MIS’s methodologies.
- Perform various data intake tasks, including scrubbing, validating the data for further use in research and ratings.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial reports, official statements and other documents related to issuers’ performance.
- Liaise with analysts and accounting specialists in order to understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity.
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to understand data capture requirements, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research.
- Perform simple calculations and apply judgement for other calculations of data.
- Gather data from various sources (sometimes unstructured), update relevant databases, escalate or resolve issues.
- Complete simple deliverables such as newsletters, database maintenance, more complex or High-profile admin or other ad-hoc support with oversight.
- Basic understanding of how data fits into methodologies.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret financial metrics reported by rated entities.
- Develop a working knowledge of more than one simple project/deliverable with guidance.
- Bachelors/Masters in Finance, Business, Accounting or similar field.
- Relevant experience of up to 2 years in credit/financial data analysis and interpretation; experience in fundamental finance or accounting will be an added advantage.
- Microsoft Office skills, in particular intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Fluency in English with good written and verbal communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Language skills may be required for certain positions.