- Evaluate WM consumer and business purpose credit requests utilizing applicable Credit Risk Policies and Guidelines.
- Analyze business/entity financial statements, public information sources, credit reports, and other relevant information to calculate cash flow and balance sheet ratios. Utilize these ratios and evaluate other qualitative factors to determine a client’s risk of default following J.P. Morgan Wholesale Risk Grading Methodology to comply with Basel III standards for regulatory risk grading requirements.
- Complete an analysis of the collateral and/or loan covenants/ events of default to determine the potential loss in a default situation. Independently identify and clearly articulate risks and mitigating factors that could impact the client’s ability to repay the loan. Recommend a course of action with clear and concise rationale.
- Understand and clearly articulate geo-political risks and jurisdictional issues that impact our domestic and cross-border clients. Engage in regular dialogue with Front Office to obtain required information critical to making a loan. Negotiate loan structure and terms when necessary, and provide alternative solutions when appropriate.
- Escalate credit issues to Credit Executive and provide solution(s) and/or next steps for resolution. Responsibility for portfolio management and appropriate escalation for their respective markets to ensure credit risk is maintained.
- Work with Risk Support and Closing partners to ensure a seamless and timely delivery of credit to the client, while maintaining a strict regulatory and control environment. Special projects will be assigned as appropriate.
- Mentor less experienced Credit Analysts and Support Partners, as well as other WM staff.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Post Graduate degree required; Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management.
- 3 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- The candidate should possess strong analytical& organizational skills, problem-solving capabilities, good communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and contribute to the strategic direction of the firm and the team.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork to contribute to high-performing teams through development of self and others.
- Candidate must be able to work in a high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality.