- Work closely with line of business controllers, middle office, and operations.
- Work with the businesses to ensure an understanding of monthly profit and loss.
- Manage the monthly consolidation of JPMorgan Chase’s income statement and balance sheet.
- Develop and maintain financial reports and schedules
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Participate in all aspects of the production of the monthly financial variance analysis Report
- Support ad-hoc requests for financial information received from across the firm
- Proficient desktop/spreadsheet/database skills. Proficient organizational and problem-solving skills. Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Basic understanding of the firm’s products
- Comfort liaising with business and risk partners while building and maintaining relationships. Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues. Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence others to deliver solutions
- Ability to quickly understand the workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience in the same industry or Controllership or Accounting domain. Respond promptly to both planned and emerging business requests and needs
- Ability to build trusting relationships and establish credibility with peers, managers, and stakeholders
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to escalate issues before they become risks. Demonstrates a willingness to learn from experience and apply that learning on the job
- Remain professional, helpful, and responsive to client/customers’ needs while adhering to JPMC standards
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- Basic knowledge of industry standards and regulations for US GAAP &/or IFRS Standards
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent degree from any other university