- Compliance reporting for various entities as per requirements of the law including GAAP & SAP
- Prepare reports and perform variance analysis of financial statements.
- Prepare and perform tasks related to preparation of schedules related to financial statements.
- Processing and posting of journal entries for all kinds of financial transactions.
- General ledgers as well as Balance sheet account verification / Analysis & reconciliations.
- Recording and maintaining various processes related to GL & month / Year-end closing activities.
- Prepare reports under various laws to help with government filings.
- Update transactions details in database / applications
- Take lead is troubleshooting and resolving day to day issues.
- Assist and supervise other team members and keep track / Control over day-to-day deliverables.
- Support on any other activities as required by the function.
6-8 years of relevant work experience in Finance/Accounts function, preferably in an offshore set-up with Commerce graduation/post-graduation. CA/ICWA Intermediate is preferred (this is CPA intermediary level)
- Detail oriented, organized, inquisitive, analytical, and independently motivated.
- Ability to apply judgment and make decisions in gray areas.
- Basic U.S. GAAP/SAP accounting and reporting knowledge.
- Ability to learn/work with reporting tools.
- Ability to interact with external auditors and respond to external audit requests (not likely to be an initial role, but a future expectation).
- Liaison with business units to collect information for reporting needs.
- Basic knowledge of Indian Acct. Standards
- Ability to learn and grasp new business processes.
- Application of knowledge for different scenarios
- Ability to comprehend and take appropriate decisions.
- Working knowledge of AP/AR/GL functions
- Ability to perform account reconciliations.
- Sound knowledge of Excel Functionality and other MS Office tools (PowerPoint/Word)
- Ability to learn how to use accounting applications and software to analyze transactions and extract reports.
- Exposure to ERP systems / Reporting tools would be an added advantage.
- Team player – Ability to learn and work in team.
- Must have fluent English communication skills (spoken and written);
- Must have planning, problem solving, analytical skills.