Analyst – Strategy
As part of our EY-Parthenon team, you will help clients develop their investment strategies and evaluate potential transactions. Working with EY-Parthenon’s proprietary frameworks, you will help clients determine the best way to raise, invest, optimize and preserve their capital. This includes developing growth and market entry strategies, conducting strategic portfolio reviews and undertaking commercial due diligence studies. The client base spans across industries and includes blue chip corporates, multinational investors and Private Equity firms.
GDS is EY’s global client service delivery vehicle and is founded on an extended teaming model. With operations across the globe, GDS offers seamless services to 80 countries through its “high performing teams”.
- First-hand knowledge on how the economic climate is changing
- Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-prominent, multi-disciplinary team of professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business world wide
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with prominent businesses across a range of industries
- Provide learning opportunities to employees through robust training and working with the practice offices abroad on live client engagements and business development opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
- Deep dive study of financial statements and related schedules
- Preparation of financial statements based on information provided
- Preparation of summary of findings of the aforementioned study
- Preparation of potential opportunity dockets – short and descriptive to aid proactive business development
- Detailed sector reports
- Adhoc research with respect to M&A transactions of the sector and for the opportunity
- Industry benchmarking – peer analysis with respect to the company under scrutiny
- Market sizing of sectors – niche and diverse
- Working as a part of the team to ensure that the project component is delivered keeping in mind, quality and timeliness
- Understanding of basic valuation techniques and related investigations
Skills and attributes for success
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft office especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Should have understanding on preparation of graphs and should be able to contribute in analyzing and presenting information
- Have an eye for detail
- Work within the set timelines and communicate deviations/updates to Project manager and practice offices
- Should possess excellent written and oral communication skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- MBA/PG Diploma (Finance)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working in professional services industry will have an edge
What we look for
- Ability to work & deliver as a team and flexibility to take on roles as needed in multiple initiatives as person in charge or team member
- A future thinking professional who comes with significant experience in spearheading transformation / strategic initiatives, leveraging Consulting skills, Project and Change Management as key enablers.
- Aspiring to build a career as transformation professionals with ability to drive multi-million Dollar programs spread across functions, geographies