- Responsible for the end-to-end payroll processing for multiple clients, including year-end.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting and entering/uploading data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in components, e.g., but not limited to exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares/extracts payroll reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income social security taxes and other statutory payments as required.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies/queries by collecting and analyzing information.
- Analyse payroll information so as to answer questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ad hoc reporting
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Previous payroll experience in high volume, full function payroll
- Data Entry Skills
- General Math Skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, thoroughness,
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Payroll related diploma/certificate will be advantageous but not necessary.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple deadlines
- Experience using large ERP system will be advantageous but not essential
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills