- Overall management of the accounting records and financial reports of the hotel, ensuring compliance with company, owner, statutory and fiscal requirements and timetables.
- Where applicable, the above must include the accounts for Hilton International’s branch or subsidiary.
- Ensure that the balance sheet is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel. The balance sheet must be regularly reviewed, and reconciliations performed of all accounts.
- Ensure compliance with the management agreement with Hilton International, and any Owner / Lease agreement.
- Maintain a focused system of internal controls, which will provide an effective and efficient control over the hotel assets, liabilities, revenue and costs, ensuring compliance with company policy.
- Maintain control over the hotel’s assets, liabilities, income and expenditure on behalf of both the Operator and Owner and provide management, leadership and accountability for the financial performance of the hotel.
- Ensure legal and tax compliance and that adequate insurance cover is maintained. Manage the pension scheme, where applicable, ensuring that adequate accounting, actuarial and legal controls are in place.
- Ensure valid permits and licenses have been obtained for such matters as importation, currency transfers and hotel operations (bars, clubs, casinos etc.).
- Take responsibility for the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts, which may affect the financial status of the hotel.
- Liaise and co-operate with both Internal and External Audit to ensure that an effective programme of in-hotel audit is in place and that corrective action is promptly taken where required.
- Give particular emphasis on ensuring that all revenue is captured, making use of a monthly control checklist and conduct interim self-audits as required.
- Develop best practice on financial accounting and control procedures, make sure financial reporting and control is an area of continuous review and development with the aim of maximizing both impact and efficiency.
- The Finance Manager has a direct responsibility to the General Manager of the hotel combined with a responsibility to the Regional Finance Director for the maintenance of professional standards. In the rare event that this dual responsibility gives rise to a conflict, the matter must be referred to the Regional Ops VP and the Regional Finance Director for guidance.
- The appointment dismissal and transfer of the Finance Manager is made by the Regional Finance Director / Area VP Finance in consultation with the hotel General Manager. No changes to the remuneration package of any Finance Manager may be made without the written approval of the Regional Finance Director / Area VP Finance.
- The Finance Manager has unlimited rights of access to all financial figures and facts of the operation. The Finance Manager exercising reasonable tact may visit any department to ask questions and make any study in fulfilment of his / her duties.
- The General Manager must consult the Regional Finance Director / Area VP Finance over the completion of any appraisal or Personal Development Review for the Finance Manager. Any bonus scheme for the Finance Manager must be agreed with the Regional Finance Director / Area VP Finance in advance.
What are we looking for?
A Finance Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- University degree, preferably in Commerce, Accounting & Management or any other Accounting qualification.
- Finance / Accounting major and certified, e.g. ACCA/ CPA.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience and previous experience in a managerial operational accounting role.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written, to meet business needs
- Possess system skills in OnQ, Check SCM, SUN, OPERA / OnQ PMS, MICROS, HRLINK.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Flexible in relation to working hours, especially at month and year-end